Notice of Collection of Personal Information
“We,” “us,” or “our” means Fay Mortgage Services, a division of Fay Servicing, LLC.
“You,” “your,” or “Fay Personnel” means each California Resident who is our employee, contractor, officer, director, or owner, or who applies to us for a job.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), you have the right to know the following categories of Personal Information about Fay Personnel that we collect.
Categories of Personal Information
- Identifiers. This may include a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, government-issued identifiers, such as Social Security number, driver’s license number, and passport number.
- Personal Information Under California Customer Records Law. This may include a name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
- Characteristics of Protected Classification under California or Federal Law. This may include age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
- Commercial information. This may include transaction information and records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Biometric information. This may include fingerprints, faceprints, voiceprints and other biological or behavioral characteristics that can be used to establish your identity.
- Geolocation Data. This may include physical location or movements (such as device location and Internet Protocol (IP) location).
- Sensory Data. This includes audio, electronic, visual and similar information, such as call and video recordings.
- Professional or employment-related information. This may include current or past job history or performance evaluations.
- Non-Public Education Information. This is non-public education information under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act , and may include education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as report cards, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, and student disciplinary records.
- Internet and Electronic Network Activity Information. This may include browsing history, search history, interactions with our website.
- Inferences From Other Personal Information. This includes inferences from your Personal Information to create a profile about, for example, your preferences and characteristics.
You also have the right to know the business or commercial purposes for which we collect this Personal Information.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your Personal Information to process your employment application, provide benefits to you, and maintain our relationship with you in your capacity as our employee, contractor, officer, director, or owner, including the following:
- Confirm identity of Fay Personnel.
- Conduct background checks.
- Security and fraud detection.
- Comply with laws and regulations and to comply with other legal process and law enforcement regulations (including any internal policy based on or reflecting legal or regulatory guidance, codes, or opinions).
- We use Personal Information to audit current interactions with you and our responsibilities to you.
- Compensate you in your capacity as an employee or contractor.
- Provide you with employee benefits in effect from time to time.
We will not use your Personal Information for any purpose other than those listed above. If we will use your Personal Information for a purpose that was not listed above, we will notify you of the new use and obtain your explicit consent for the new use.
We have not sold any Personal Information in the past 12 months. Further, we do not and will not sell any Personal Information. We do not sell the Personal Information of minors less than 16 years of age.
As noted in our California Consumer Privacy Act Policy, which can be found at https://privacy.faymortgage.com/california-privacy-statement, the CCPA does not apply to certain information we collect such as certain Personal Information covered by or collected under industry-specific privacy laws including, but not limited to, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (“GLBA”), the California Financial Information Privacy Act, and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
Please visit https://faymortgage.com/uploads/pages/Fay_Mortgage_Privacy_Policy.pdf for a copy of our GLBA policy. There are additional exemptions that apply to certain Personal Information we collect from Fay Personnel, and from transactions with other entities.
If you have any questions, please visit our California Privacy Statement located at https://privacy.faymortgage.com/california-privacy-statement or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.